Sandra Oh speaks out after surprise appearance at Queens funeral

Queen's funeral: George and Charlotte bow to as the coffin arrives

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Sandra Oh has spoken out about attending The Queen’s state funeral yesterday after many queried why she was there. A clip of the Killing Eve star looking sombre as she slowly walked down Westminster Abbey’s aisle was widely shared on social media as many shared their thoughts. 

The 51-year-old remembered the late monarch wearing a black dress and a fascinator.

Sandra was invited to the funeral as she is a part of the Canadian delegation, alongside musician Gregory Charles and Olympic gold medallist swimmer Mark Tewksbury.

The Order of Canada, founded by the Queen in 1967, was created to honour outstanding achievement, dedication to the community and general service to the nation across all areas of society.

She was given an Order of Canada following her success in the BBC drama Killing Eve opposite Jodie Comer.

After the event, the 51-year-old actress shared what it was like to be a part of the historic day.

Taking to her Instagram page, she wrote: “Proud to represent [Canada] w/ my fellow Order of Canada & Valour recipients @gregorycharlesofficiel @marktewks @palmerlp26 at Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II funeral at Westminster Abbey today.”(sic)

She went on to share various pictures of herself at the event with her colleagues.

After her appearance was seen on television, many flocked to social media to question why she was invited.

Twitter user JordanVR commented: “Not Sandra Oh representing Canada at the Queen’s funeral??? This was not on my 2022 bingo card.”

“There wasn’t anyone in Canada more worthy of being at the Queen’s funeral than Sandra Oh. Not a single person. Got it,” added Dean Skoreyko.

Maggie added: “I am so confused as to why Sandra Oh is attending the Queen’s funeral tomorrow?”

Another guest whose attendance left viewers baffled was Coronation Street’s Antony Cotton.

DON’T MISS…
Denise Welch ‘sickened’ by Justin Trudeau ‘partying’ before funeral [REACTION]
Martine McCutcheon flaunts trim figure as she shows off new lingerie [PICTURED]
Penny Lancaster speaks out about policing at Queen’s funeral [INTERVIEW]

The Sean Tully star was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list earlier this year, for his services to the British Army, personnel and veterans.

For over a decade, he has been an advocate for soldiers of all ranks, supporting welfare and particularly their mental health.

Speaking of his MBE at the time, he said: “It totally came out of the blue. I came home from work, saw an envelope saying On Her Majesty’s Service, opened it and burst out crying.

“I genuinely had no idea. I was completely blown over by it. It means a great deal to me that it’s come from the Army.”

Taking to Twitter yesterday, he said of those involved with the funeral: “The men and women of our armed forces were nothing short of magnificent today.

“I’m so, so proud of all my pals who worked on giving Her Majesty such a wonderful send off. It was a remarkable service.”

The Queen died aged 96 surrounded by her loved ones at Balmoral on September 8.

She was buried beside her late husband Prince Philip.

Source: Read Full Article