Travis Scott Reportedly Refuses to Turn Himself in to NYPD After Alleged Club Attack
Previously, it’s reported that the ‘SICKO MODE’ spitter planned to turn himself in for questioning over the alleged assault at Club Nebula that left a sound engineer hospitalized.
AceShowbiz –Travis Scott (II) seemingly had a change of heart. If a new report is to be believed, the “SICKO MODE” rapper refused to turn himself in to the New York Police Department following an alleged club attack at Club Nebula.
Media Take Out reported that the 31-year-old rapper was scheduled to be arrested on Tuesday, March 7 in New York City. However, the “Goosebumps” emcee remained in California and will not be coming in to turn himself in.
It’s also reported that the NYPD has issued an “I Card” for Travis. An I-card stands for Identification Card. In short, it’s just an alarm that a person is wanted for some reason. There are different types of I-card. If they’re wanted for a crime, it allows an officer to take the person into custody and contact the investigator that issued the I-card to make the arrest.
This means any police officer is asked to take Travis into custody on sight. It’s not clear whether the NYPD plans to put out a reward for him. He’s expected to be charged with Assault in the third degree.
Earlier this month, it’s reported that Travis was planning to turn himself in for questioning over the Manhattan nightclub assault that saw him allegedly sock a sound engineer in the face.
Police sources also confirmed that Travis’ reps have arranged for the rapper to return to the Big Apple after his Rolling Loud gig and speak with NYPD detectives. He will likely be slapped with an assault charge. Travis, who made headlines in 2021 for the deadly Astroworld festival, performed at the hip-hop festival in Los Angeles on Saturday, March 4.
Travis’ late-night meltdown unfolded after sources say the rapper climbed into the DJ booth as rapper Don Toliver, who is signed to his label, was performing at the West 41st Street club around 2 A.M.
Travis flipped out when the sound engineer tried to lower the volume, sources alleged. The rapper, who shares two kids with Kylie Jenner, then unleashed and allegedly started trashing the victim’s equipment, including an audio speaker and a video screen worth about $12,000, cops said.
The alleged victim, who identified only as Mark, recently spoke from hospital and claimed that Travis “attacked” him. As he sat in his hospital bed, the engineer explained the extent of his injuries. He said that he was having some trouble turning his head and was feeling some pain. “Obviously, my neck is f**ked up. My arm is tingly. I have pins and needles going down it,” he shared.
Responding to the story, Travis’ rep, who previously insisted that there’s a “misunderstanding,” called the allegations “a complete and total joke” in a statement to Complex. “As anyone with common sense can see, the video that shows Travis DJ’ing in Nebula proves that the incident was nothing. All it shows that Travis’s performance was disrupted by someone aggressively in his personal space,” the statement read.
You can share this post!
Source: Read Full Article