Harvey Weinstein‘s Manhattan rape conviction just paved the way for more trouble for him.
Los Angeles authorities were waiting for Weinstein’s Manhattan case to play out before moving ahead with their own felony sex case against him.
Since the Manhattan case culminated Monday with Weinstein’s conviction on rape and sexual-assault charges, LA officials say they will now proceed with theirs.
“We are definitely proceeding,” Los Angeles Deputy District Attorney Paul Thompson told reporter Ronan Farrow following the Manhattan verdict.
Weinstein, 67, has not yet entered a plea in the LA charges.
The disgraced producer had been charged in California in January with forcible rape, forcible oral copulation, sexual penetration by use of force and sexual battery by restraint, stemming from two separate incidents over two days in 2013.
He’ll be cooling his heels in a Manhattan jail until his sentencing March 11, after which he is expected to be extradited to Los Angeles for those cases.
One of his accusers there, Lauren Young, took the stand in Manhattan Supreme Court as a Molineux witness to testify to prior alleged bad acts on the part of the defendant.
She said that in February 2013, Weinstein trapped her in a Beverly Hills hotel suite bathroom and masturbated while groping her.
Weinstein’s lawyers have said he will immediately appeal his guilty Manhattan verdict. He faces up to 29 years in prison at his sentencing.
Source: Read Full Article