Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly have revealed that the forthcoming series of I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! will not feature a highlights show – but it will have an amazing cast.
The programme, that will be filmed in Gwrych Castle, North Wales, for the second year running, received widespread criticism last year after it emerged that the celebrity campmates appeared to be getting a day off.
Last year, the celebrities received a day off on November 21, with bosses instead airing a highlights episode.
However, speaking fresh from their National Television Award win, Ant and Dec have revealed this would not be the case anymore.
"We had a really good cast last year, we aren't the ones eating testicles and anuses," said Ant.
Before Dec joked: "Not on the tele, anyway."
Dec added: "One thing we will be doing differently this year is we will have a full series.
"We put an advert for the show and everyone was like 'Oh my God you saved 2020 I'm A Celebrity… is back!'
"We got to the end of the first week on Saturday night and because of Covid protocols, we had to do a highlight show and oh my God you should have seen our socials, they [fans] were like you a***holes why would you give us a highlights show on a Saturday night."
The pair remained tight-lipped about the upcoming lineup of celebs who are set to swap their luxury lifestyle for a more dated way of life.
Vernon Kay, who appeared on the programme last year, said: "It's not as good as last year," before Dec cut him off saying: "It is, it really is."
While Ant and Dec may have been keen to not reveal much about the celebrities who are believed to have signed up, Love Island alumni Chloe Burrows revealed she was eager to head to North Wales.
Speaking to Heat World during a YouTube chat, Chloe discussed her future plans after finding TV fame in the sunny Majorca villa – appearing alongside her man Toby.
Presenter and Kiss FM host Harriet Rose brought up the topic of reality TV shows before mentioning I'm A Celeb.
She asked: "What would be the dream for you both? Are you going into the jungle?"
Chloe excitedly replied: "Oh I'd love to do the jungle! That would be fun."
Host Harriet replied: "You would be iconic in the jungle."
Chloe then admitted that she wouldn't be able to do much in the way of challenges – known as bush tucker trials – as it turns out she's frightened of most things on the show.
She said: "I wouldn't do much though because I'm really scared of like most things."
I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! returns to ITV later this year.
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here.
Source: Read Full Article