Remember the Sonic the Hedgehog live-action adaptation that released in theaters forever ago? Actually, it released earlier this year–on Valentine’s Day to be precise–but it sure does feel like years ago at this point. If you want to relive simpler times and debate the art design of a talking animal with friends, Sonic the Hedgehog is on sale on 4K UHD Blu-ray and standard Blu-ray at Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart.
Sonic the Hedgehog
Blu-ray – $16.94 | 4K Blu-ray – $21.90
You can grab the standard Blu-ray for $16.94 ($11 off list price) and 4K UHD Blu-ray for $22 ($8 off list price). While both versions are routinely sold for under their list prices, this is the cheapest we can recall seeing Sonic the Hedgehog for on Blu-ray.
As one of the last major theatrical releases to have a successful run before the coronavirus pandemic forced theaters to close across the world, Sonic the Hedgehog currently sits at number two at the box office this year. It earned an 8/10 in GameSpot’s Sonic the Hedgehog review, with critic Phil Hornshaw calling it one of the better video game adaptations to date.
“It’s smart enough to stand on its own, making use of longstanding aspects of Sega’s supersonic mascot and his franchise, while making sure that what really shines through are its characters,” Hornshaw wrote. “That restraint goes a long way to making Sonic the Hedgehog a light, funny movie, and while it definitely skews young, longtime Sonic fans should have just as much fun finally seeing the Blue Blur on the big screen.”
Even if you saw it already in theaters earlier this year, Sonic the Hedgehog contains some bonus features that are likely to appeal to dedicated fans of the iconic Sega mascot.
Sonic the Hedgehog bonus features
- Commentary by director Jeff Fowler and the voice of Sonic, Ben Schwarz.
- Around the World in 80 Seconds–See Sonic’s next adventure!
- Deleted Scenes–Director Jeff Fowler introduces deleted scenes.
- Bloopers–Laung along with Jim Carrey and the cast.
- “Speed Me Up” music video.
- For the Love of Sonic–Jim Carrey and the cast discuss what Sonic the Hedgehog means to them.
- Building Robotnik with Jim Carrey–See Jim Carrey bring the supervillain Dr. Robotnik to life.
- The Blue Blur: Origins of Sonic–Explore the origins of the legendary Blue Blur.
- Sonic on Set–Visit the set with the voice of Sonic, Ben Schwartz.
Best Deals This Week
- Get $174 Worth Of Steam Games For $15 In New Bundle
- PlayStation Store Kicks Off Huge July PS4 Games Sale
- PS5 Pre-Order Guide: Retail Listings, DualSense Controller Info, And More
- Here's Where You Can Get A Nintendo Switch Lite
- All The Free Game Promotions You Can Claim On PS4, Xbox One, PC, And More
- Best Budget Monitors Under $200 – Cheap Monitors For Working From Home
Disclosure: ViacomCBS is GameSpot’s parent company
Source: Read Full Article