YouTube has suspended the monetisation of Russell Brand’s channel following the string of allegations made against him.
The platform said the suspension of monetisation was for “violating our Creator Responsibility policy” – one of many to cut ties with Brand.
In a statement, YouTube said: “We have suspended monetisation on Russell Brand’s channel for violating our Creator Responsibility policy. If a creator’s off-platform behaviour harms our users, employees or ecosystem, we take action to protect the community.”
The company said that it had suspended Brand’s channel from the YouTube Partner Program “following serious allegations against the creator. This action means the channel is no longer able to monetise on YouTube”.
The decision applies to all channels that may be owned or operated by the 48-year-old, it added.
READ MORE: Police investigate fresh allegations as agent dumps Russell Brand
It comes after four women came forward with claims of rape and sexual assault against the comedian at the weekend in The Times and CHannel 4’s Dispatches.
Since then, more women have made complaints against Brand relating to alleged incidents between 2006 and 2013 at the height of his fame – with the Met Police now investigating.
At the time he was working for Radio 2, Channel 4 and starring in Hollywood films.
Brand has vehemently denied the allegations and his father Ron defended him, calling them “unproven”.
He wrote: “Is this seriously the most important thing happening in this world?…Who is really driving this Vendetta?”
But Brand has been dumped by agents and the publisher of several of his books. His comedy gig at the Theatre Royal in Windsor tonight has been postponed, along with shows in Plymouth on Friday and Wolverhampton on September 28.
I hoped dark glances I saw of Russell Brand’s character were just a joke[COMMENT]
Katy Perry sells catalogue for $225 million after resurfaced comment[LOOK BACK]
Russell Brand joked about raping woman in resurfaced video as accusations made[LATEST]
In a 90-minute Dispatches film, titled Russell Brand: In Plain Sight, on Saturday night, four unidentified women detailed their allegations, while others spoke of their experiences working with Brand.
One said she was raped against a wall at his Los Angeles home.
Another said she was sexually assaulted during a three-month relationship which started when she was 16 and still at school.
She alleges he referred to her as “the child” during an abusive and controlling relationship.
A spokesperson for the Met said: “We are aware of reporting by The Sunday Times and Channel 4’s Dispatches about allegations of sexual offences.
“On Sunday 17 September, the Met received a report of a sexual assault which was alleged to have taken place in Soho in central London in 2003. Officers are in contact with the woman and will be providing her with support.
“We first spoke with The Sunday Times on Saturday 16 September and have since made further approaches to The Sunday Times and Channel 4 to ensure that anyone who believes they have been the victim of a sexual offence is aware of how to report this to the police.
“We continue to encourage anyone who believes they may have been a victim of a sexual offence, no matter how long ago it was, to contact us.”
Source: Read Full Article